- Is the name that you have in mind for your startup company available to use? Is the New York company with which you are doing business in good standing? Search the New York Corporation and Business Entity Database for existing business and not for profit corporations, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and limited liability partnerships, as well as other miscellaneous businesses.
- Need to find out whether shares of stock or personal assets of a person or company have liens filed against it? Search the New York Department of State UCC Lien Search Database for Financing Statements and Financing Statement Amendments filed under Article 9 and Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) and Notices of Federal Tax Liens and notices and certificates affecting such liens filed under Article 10-A of the Lien Law.
- Need to find out if tax warrants have been filed in New York? The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance files tax warrants in county clerks’ offices throughout the state. Search the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance Database for tax warrant-related notices.
- Need to know about the various taxes applicable to New York large and small businesses and individuals? The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance site includes information on sales and use taxes, withholding taxes, corporation taxes, and other taxes.
- Did you know the State of New York LOVES small businesses? Here is the New York State NY Small Business site with information on starting or growing your small business in New York. It has links to local county resources, information on industry specific tax and financial incentives, and ways in which small businesses can apply for grants, loans, tax incentives, rebates on energy bills and other financing options.
Of course, you should contact a licensed New York Small Business Lawyer if you have any questions about anything on the websites mentioned in this article or about forming, buying or selling a large or small business in New York.