As experienced NYC real estate attorneys, we treat each matter like the unique situation it is. Whether it’s a condo or a coop, residential or commercial, financing or investment, a purchase or a sale, new construction or renovation: all real estate comes with a large list of potential pitfalls. As experienced real estate lawyers in NYC, we have come across the simplest of deal issues (which could have significant implications): such as whether a property as it stands is reflected in an offering plan or whether the seller want to remain in the property after sale; we help you identify any defects in construction or title or zoning issues.
We have helped our clients discover thousands of dollars in hidden costs and structure deals to save hundreds of thousands of dollars in mortgage, estate and income taxes.
As residential real estate lawyers NYC (including coops, condominiums, houses and townhouses), our lawyers handle the following:
- Real estate purchaser or buyer side transactions (including financing, coop offering plans, condominium offering plans, real estate appraisals, land surveys, title abstracts and engineer’s reports)
- Seller side transactions
- Real estate broker agreements for condominiums, cooperative apartments, etc.
As commercial real estate lawyers NYC (office buildings, retail, parking garages, and shopping centers, etc.), our lawyers handle the following:
- Create real estate corporations, including special purpose real estate entities, real estate partnerships and joint ventures
- 1031 exchanges
- Represent building owners, landlords, and tenants in negotiating, drafting, interpreting and enforcing real estate leases and subleases.
- Easements and other real estate use licenses
- Commercial real estate leases and office leases
- Condominium conversions / cooperative apartment building conversions and development projects
- Real estate due diligence (including title insurance review and land survey review)
- Real estate broker agreements and construction contracts
- Credit agreements/notes, security agreements, mortgages, and fixture filings on behalf of institutional real estate lenders such as mortgage banks
- Real estate transactions involving foreign purchasers, avoiding U.S. estate and gift taxes and minimizing income taxes
Because of our background in general business law, we integrate all of your legal needs and provide you with 360 degrees of legal services.
We encourage you to call us to discuss your matter with an attorney. There is no fee or obligation for an initial telephone consultation with one of our lawyers.
Helpful Real Estate Articles By Real Estate Lawyers NYC
- Home Seller’s Guide: Using a Broker; Perception Is Reality – Preparing Your Home For Showings; and Guideline Estimate of Seller’s Closing Costs for a New York City Home.
- Home Buyer’s Guide: A Roadmap of the Purchase; Coops vs. Condos; and A Checklist and Estimated Closing Costs for New York City Home Buyers.
- Foreign Real Estate Investor’s Guide: Simple planning and corporate structuring can help a foreign investor avoid millions of dollars in U.S. estate and gift taxes and income taxes. This whitepaper explains how foreigners can buy real estate (commercial real estate, homes, condos, coops and townhomes) using off-shore a special purpose entity to save millions of dollars in certain taxes.