As with all of our work, as media attorneys, we explore your entertainment and media assets in action. Whether it’s an advertisement, a CD or record, a new reality show, an internet video, a game, a website, a movie, book or magazine, it’s not just about getting eyeballs on it — it’s about business sustainability.
As media lawyers, we ask the questions at the core of your business — How do you generate income? Get investors? Avoid liability? Simply put: how do you monetize your creations? We suggest new functionalities you can introduce, new ways to generate revenues. We help drive you toward growth and expansion, not the hypothetical kind, but the kind that will allow you to continue creating forever. If you are launching a startup, consider our Fixed Fee Legal Startup Package for Entrepreneurs.
As entertainment lawyers and media law firm, we handle the following:
- Digital media development agreements
- Digital media distribution agreements – electronic sell-through (EST) agreements, digital download agreements, etc.
- Intellectual property rights (including copyright, trademark, infringement, and disputes)
- Independent record labels and management, production and publishing
- Film and television production
- Musical groups
- License, assignment and royalty agreements
- Sports endorsement and celebrity endorsement and appearance agreements / event sponsorship agreements
- Recording, CD and Music Video production and management agreements
- Literary and screenplay rights
- Television, film and print media production agreements
- Television and film talent/director agreements
- Distribution agreements with network and cable television programmers/networks
- Retransmission consent and distribution agreements with cable operators (including, internet, cable, satellite, and wireless).
- And more
As entertainment lawyers, while with other firms we have represented television networks and broadcasters including Fox Broadcasting, Fox Cable, YES, FoodTV and HGTV (among others), and our entertainment law firm represents cable networks including, AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WEtv, Wedding Central and IFC Entertainment and MiMusica. Because of our background in television, technology, real estate and general business law, we integrate all of your legal needs and provide you with 360 degrees of legal services. We encourage you to call us to discuss your matter with an attorney. There is no fee or obligation for an initial telephone consultation.